Guinea pigs are great pets because they’re so easy to care for. You can get all the food, treats, bedding, and habitat supplies your guinea pig will need at PetSmart.
- Your guinea pig needs a solid floor cage or habitat.
- Select a habitat with plenty of space, large enough for a food dish, water bottle, hay manger, and a hiding area.
- Guinea pigs love to dig, so provide lots of clean aspen, pine or recycled paper bedding.
- Edible homes give the additional benefit of encouraging normal chewing behavior.
Food and Treats
- Guinea pig teeth never stop growing, so your pet needs lots of healthy things to chew on at all times like treat sticks and chews.
- Guinea pigs cannot store or manufacture vitamin C, so you’ll need to add a food or water supplement daily.
- Hay is essential for all guinea pigs since they require high-fiber diets.