Follow the antics of Martha's loveable French Bulldogs, Francesca and Sharkey!
(Makes about 5 dozen)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup brewer's yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup low-sodium canned chicken stock, plus more for brushing
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, wheat germ, yeast, and salt; set aside.
2. Pour oil into a large bowl. Add stock and flour mixture in three alternating batches, beginning and ending with stock. Mix well.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to about 3/8-inch thick. Shape biscuits using a dog-bone-shaped cookie cutter appropriate for your dog's size.
4. If desired, you can spell out your dog's name in the dough with a wet toothpick.
5. Transfer dog biscuits to parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake 10 minutes. Brush with stock; rotate baking sheets and bake 10 minutes more. Turn off oven. Let dog biscuits stand in oven to dry completely, about 1-1/2 hours. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.